Thursday, November 02, 2006


Some of you already know me, maybe by a different name, but you know me. But you probably don't know everything about me. This will be an attempt to bring all these things together.

I'm Addie, slippingirl, NoMoDem, and Mel.

Those of you who know me as Addie, know that I'm an adoptee in reunion. You've heard about my insecurities and trails. Some of you have been through the same thing, others have experienced adoption from a different view. So when I start whining about adoption issues and rights, you've heard it before.

Those of you who know me as slippingirl, know that I'm a heavy metal fan. You've heard my opinions on every band that released anything in the 80's. So when I start in on just exactly how silly everybody looked at that time, you've heard it before.

Those that know me as NoMoDem, know that I'm a progressive Democrat. You've heard my railings against the GOP, my local government, and Dems in sheep's clothing. So when I carry on endlessly about Governor Blunt, you've heard it before.

Those that know me as Mel, probably know a bit more about me and probably have had their suspicions that there is more to me.


That's what this is about, bringing it all together.

I'm on the verge of finishing up the biggest project of my life, to this point, a home restoration. It has been an all consuming thing that took me away from every other aspect of my life. I want to get back to that life, and all the things that I loved in it.

Did you know that I'm a weaver, I have my own studio. It has sat without project for almost two years now, but it awaits me. It's my favorite place in the world.

It's the place I want to go back to today. I miss the drudgery of the creative process. I want to be consumed by something besides this house renovation. I just simply do not have time.

I want to see friends and family, I want to read a book, I want to go places for the heck of it, but I cannot.

I want me back.


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi I am Joy

I love your new blog!

Welcome to the wooly world of bloggers, can I link you?

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home